Warranty First has always lived up to its name by being one step ahead of the warranty industry, and finding new and affordable car warranty solutions.
t: 0844 324 7257 Customer Care
t: 0844 324 7258 Claims
f: 0844 324 7259 Fax
Calls cost 7p/min plus your phone company’s access charge
Warranty First -
The following terms and conditions apply to all Warranty First policies.
1. The policy must be registered by the supplying dealer within 7 days of the sale of the vehicle and will only become live once all premiums are paid in full by the supplying dealer.
2. The vehicle must be roadworthy and have a valid MOT at inception
3. To activate your policy, we require the application to be completed in full, including your email address, full name, contact details and the accurate mileage (e.g. 48212 miles).
4. Warranty First will not be responsible for any incorrect information provided by the dealer about the nature or value of this policy.
Cancellation and Termination
5. Unless you have made a claim, you have the right to cancel this warranty within 14 days of the purchase date. If you have been charged for this warranty by the supplying dealer you should seek a refund directly from them.
6. This agreement will terminate without refund in cases of fraud or dishonesty.
7. This warranty will cover consequential damage if the failure of a non-
8. Wear and tear for the listed components is only covered up to a maximum of 110,000 miles and or 10 years (80,000 or 7 years for Exclusive policies). After exceeding this mileage and age the wear and tear element of this agreement will no longer be valid. This does not affect anything outside the wear and tear element of the policy and therefore your policy will continue to its full term.
Requesting a repair and Claims
9. If faults arise on your vehicle then do not attempt to drive further as this may cause extensive damage to other components. Please contact Warranty First at the earliest opportunity for guidance. Please refer to the claims process section and follow the guidelines. Claims which do not follow the guidelines will be invalidated.
10. Any works authorised by you or commenced or completed by your repairing garage without first being authorised by Warranty First will be invalidated and no consideration will be given.
11. Authorised works not commenced by the repairing garage within 14 days of the authorisation date will result in the claim being invalidated.
12. This warranty will cover the costs for all authorised claims including parts, labour and VAT.
13. Depending on your cover level, agreed labour time for repairs will be paid up to a maximum of £50 per hour including VAT, subject to recognised industry standards times for repair.
14. This warranty is subject to an excess as stated within your level of cover which will be deducted from the authorised claim. Any discrepancies and shortfalls need to be paid to the repairer in full by you. We will not be liable for shortfalls.
15. Authorisations will only be granted once written confirmation has been received by us, that any shortfall will be paid by you.
16. Claims will be invalidated if the completed diagnostic form is not received by Warranty First within 14 days of the claim being reported and before the policy expires.
17. We will only authorise the use of manufacturer's parts where reconditioned or generic parts are not available.
18. We will only authorise for work to be carried out at a VAT registered repairing garage.
19. We will only pay up to the maximum claims limit as scheduled in your policy which include the extra benefits sections on your cover levels. Extra benefits listed in your policy form part of your claim limit and will only become valid once authorisation is granted on a claim for a failed listed component.
20. This warranty will expire once claims reach the Glass's guide market value of your vehicle or the purchase price, whichever is lower.
21. We will not pay more than once for the same repair.
22. We reserve the right to decline your claim should we not receive the requested documentation within 14 days of the claim start date.
23. In all cases, we reserve the right to request photographic evidence and to appoint an independent assessor to examine any fault, breakdown, quotation or repair undertaken at any time, the result of which is binding by all parties.
24. We may require you to provide documentation in order to assist us in validating a repair claim. These documents may include: your vehicle V5 log book, purchase receipts, current and previous MOT certificates, current and previous service history documents, VAT service and VAT repair receipts, any repairer's parts receipts and details of previous repairs that may have been made.
25. We reserve the right to decline your repair claim should we not be satisfied that you have provided the correct and necessary documentation within 14 days of being notified of a claim.
26. This policy does not cover vehicles used for; carriage of passengers, goods for hire and reward, off road, hackney carriage/taxi, motor sports determined by time or speed including practice and track racing.
27. This warranty does not cover exhaust emissions or MOT failures.
28. This warranty excludes any damage caused by a road traffic accident or collision or any road hazard whether or not insured under any motor insurance or accidental damage policy. This also excludes the bodily injury or death or any other damage how-
29. This warranty does not cover inherent faults of any description. Inherent faults are those that existed at the time of purchase.
30. This agreement does not cover service components or maintenance items of any kind (those items that would normally be maintained under the vehicles standard servicing schedule such as: brake pads, brake discs, timing belts, filters and oil changes). Air conditioning re-
32. Seized parts
33. Health checks
36. Foreign matter getting into or onto a part
37. Failure to maintain the vehicle in a roadworthy condition including maintenance of proper levels of oil and coolant
38. Failing to service the vehicle as part of the manufacturer's service schedule.
39. The effects of over-
40. Use of incorrect grade/use of fuel or oil or from the use of inadequate or improper anti-
41. Natural deterioration of parts due to age and/or mileage, condition and usage.
42. Negligence or wilful damage (including continuing to drive the vehicle when it is not mechanically/electrically sound)
43. Subjecting the vehicle to a load greater than that permitted by law or the manufacturers recommendations
44. Fire, self-
45. No liability will be accepted for the damage caused by: poor repairs carried out before the commencement of this warranty, or faulty workmanship of any description
46. The gradual loss of engine compression necessitating the repair of valves or rings.
47. Gradual increase in oil consumption due to normal operating functions.
48. The replacement of parts for good engineering practice.
Selling your vehicle
49. If you want to sell the vehicle you will be able to transfer this agreement to the new owner. You must apply to Warranty First to transfer the agreement prior to sale. There is a fee of £49 which you must enclose with your request. The fee will be returned if your request cannot be accepted
50. If you sell the vehicle to a dealer or trader, this agreement will automatically terminate without a refund.
51. This warranty will only cover the breakdown of mechanical and electrical faults and is not deemed as an insurance policy for road risk.
52. Vehicles registered on the insurance total loss register and/or the national police register will have restricted cover. Please contact Warranty First for further information. A comprehensive HPI check may be carried out in event of a claim.
53. No liability will be met unless authorised by and agreed to in writing by Warranty First.
54. We accept no liability for loss of use, inconvenience, lost time, commercial losses or any other incidental or consequential losses.
55. The vehicle must have a valid MOT for the duration of the policy.
56. Car hire will only be valid when a repair takes longer than 8 hours according to recognised industry standard times and authorised at our discretion.
57. We will not be liable for loss of fuel, earnings from work, penalty and storage charges, parking tickets, keys, theft from your vehicle, clamps, toll charges, broken glass, traffic congestion charges, running out of fuel or incorrect fuel, keys locked in vehicle, damaged key fobs, vehicles immersed or immobilised, vehicle that require work at a specialist repairer, hotels, rail fare, flights, or ferry costs, calling costs, vehicles which are not serviced in line with the manufacturers service schedule, labour charges in excess of recognised industry repair times manual, and any claims arising within 14 days from the date of inception.
58. No part of this agreement may be altered without the written consent of Warranty First.
59. Legal Jurisdiction -
60. To qualify for the payment of an authorised repair the invoice must be received by us within 45 days of the authorised date.
61. You are responsible for ensuring that your vehicle is maintained in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations and must be within a maximum of 1,000 miles or 30 days (whichever is sooner) of the service schedule to have the service completed. If you exceed this, the agreement will come to an end and no refund will be given. All service repairs must be undertaken by a VAT registered service provider or repairer. All invoices of any services and repairs must be retained.
Review regarding decline decisions
In the event that you are unhappy with how we have arrived at a decline decision and wish to have a further review you will need to do so in writing within 14 days.
You should write to Customer Services Manager, Warranty First, 67A South Street, Stanground, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE2 8EX or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your query will be acknowledged by return of post or by email and answered within 14 working days.
Note: Should you wish to take this action please do not phone. If you wish to have any decline decision reviewed by our Management Team we will only advise you to write in via email or letter as we require full written details.